Hello everyone!!
My pleasure to welcome you all to my newly created blog! (inspired by my boyfriend, thank you Andrew!) First of all, let me have a brief introduction about myself :)
My name is Pic, a normal (or I'm trying to be one..lol) Thai girl living in London and I've just graduated in MA European Studies (Hons) at King's College London, after a semester at University College London (UCL) a year before.
During the past ten years, I have been to the UK for the short language courses for more than four times. The reason? Well, there are quite a few..
First, I love Europe (thus studying European Studies!) because of its fascinating history and beautiful sceneries. So when it's come to the decision-making time; America or England
(the top two choices for Thai when you think of going abroad), I naturally said 'England'.
Also, I happened to have an older sister studying here at that time.
However, those are the initial reasons. Later on, I think I found myself 'bonding' with this country much more than I thought I would. It just doesn't feel right going somewhere else and stay for so long!
I admit that my two years experience might not sound 'a lot', but the fact that I love to do some 'experiments' or find an alternative way of doing things (especially in terms of shopping and travelling!) , plus the fact that I am a bit..well.. 'unique', so I have experienced lots of things that I'm sure wouldn't happen to so many people. (Occasionally, I might do some reviews regarding fashion bits like shoes or bags...so if you're men, be prepared! LOL) I have thus created this blog, so you can all read, and share with me, my experience here in the UK from the very first days I got here until now, which I'm sure sometimes it will make you laugh, or speechless...All in all, I hope you all enjoy my blog as it is and hope it can be urm..useful in some ways ! lol
If you're Thai, you're very welcome to share with me your thoughts and experiences here and I welcome any questions you might have. If you're not Thai, well, you've come to the right place.
Here you will find out many interesting perspectives such as a so-called 'culture difference' and many more!!
Now.....
Come closer if you would like to hear me talking, for example, UK university application process for non-native speakers, how to dress like Londoners, Asian restaurants in London (nice and cheap!), 'value' range of household products, Bicester Village - heaven for shoppers ??, hospital experiences, or a Thai discount in London ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's very nice you have shared your experience with us.Thanks..Kokoda Trail
ReplyDelete